Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Montreal Canadiens Blogging Horizon Widens

I was shocked when I received an email this morning from Bruce Hollingdrake.

There's something about being a writer that is always daunting and, in turn seems to become self doubt. I've experienced it since day one. I would sit and write, and as my thoughts flowed from brain, to hand - and then from pen to paper - I would feel inspired and on top of my own world. I felt artistic and special.

But then that moment would come when the pen would be laid to rest, and a re-read of those "brilliant" thoughts would be looked at more subjectively. And that's when that little voice inside my head would tell me that what I'd written wasn't all that good. It was average at best.

These are the thought processes of those who are cursed to write based on passion.

So when Bruce notified me this morning that he had read my Tribute to Pat Burns, and liked it enough to link it to The Hockey Writers web site, I felt a sense of pride in my work for a change.

But it didn't end there.

Through further discussion, Bruce and I "spoke" at length regarding my coming on board and writing for his site, as a contributor to the Montreal Canadiens content, as well as giving opinion on various happenings around the league.

So it's now official. I am happy to announce that I will be a regular writer for The Hockey Writers site (view My Bio) which has over 60 writers, including 7 who hold full media credentials.

That doesn't mean that BBBR will fade into the background. It just means you have an added venue to read my thoughts and opinion, and another great place to support my efforts in getting the Habs message out there.

Again - I can't thank you all enough for your incredible support since this sites inception, and I ask that you continue to support me in my future endeavours, as well as right here: On Bleed, Bleu, Blanc, Rouge!

Go Habs Go!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Feels good to have your writing acknowledged, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! must be an amazing feeling!

    ReplyDelete